Monday, January 24, 2011

The Call...

"The mountains are calling and I must go..." -John Muir

Me.

Precisely.



The call overtook me once again last Thursday. I headed up to Nederland for a good workout on my snowshoes.

Wheels assumed her normal co-pilot positon:


The plan was ten miles on the shoes, grab some good pictures, a hot cup of coffee and then on to Idaho Springs for a relaxing soak. The snowshoe was a bit harder than I had anticipated due to some forceful wind gusts that caused the snow to blow everywhere. The high peaks were getting it a lot harder, but the winds in Ned were enough to cause some problems seeing the road.



And the high altitude winds taken from the trail:


After I had sufficiently exhausted my desire to shoe through anymore blowing snow, my day ended here:


And for the record, I have no knowledge whatsoever about the Crown Royal....uhhh, ok...well, maybe a little. ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment