Friday, January 14, 2011

2011 Aspirations

Tomorrow is the first competitive event of the year. I am going to take my fat tires to the Chilly Cheeks winter series duathlon. I did this last year on my road bike and did fairly well. I was the 9th overall female with an unimpressive second run time and long transitions. Its a fun event and I am needing a little competition in my training at this point, so why not capitalize on some good weather?

As for the rest of the year, I have some big goals set for myself. I am focusing hugely on mountain biking but will probably run a couple half marathons here and there and make a big push to finish out the remaining 14ers late in the summer. I am not going to run the Horsetooth Half this year. I do love the challenging hills of the course and last year I actually rode my bike from Longmont to the starting line, but three times is enough. I am seriously looking at something in Steamboat, but not completely decided yet.

My dreams and ambitions are significantly larger than my pocketbook, so in order to make this all possible, I will be crashiing in the 5 Star Mountain Hardware Hotel executive suite. Added perk: only weighs 4 lbs :)



Here's what I am planning for 2011:

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo-Tuscon, AZ  Feb 19-20

Coed Duo, with my partner, Erick Lord (who also has a badass Gary Fisher)

Chilly Cheeks #3 Aurora, CO Feb 26th

Excited to see my friend, Jen Lundman :)

Mineral Belt Mayhem Leadville, CO March 5th

Going to go watch the East Side Epic on January 22nd to get a feel....looks like a ton of fun! Bikes and snow...yah, right up my alley ;-) Cheap entry also...

Prescott Monstercross Prescott, AZ April 16th

I found out about this race while in the midst of my current mtb blog obsession. I originally was looking seriously into the Whiskey Off-Road and would love to see Rebecca Rusch tear it down, but this race fits my budget. And any organization whose mission is to "Inspire People to Ride" is soooo my style.

Voodoo Fire Pueblo, CO April 23rd

Going to ride my SS...Pueblo Reservoir. Enough said.

 I chose this over the Front Range 60 even though I live 2 min and 36 seconds from Bear Creek State Park because of the fun/challenge factor. Definitely going cruise over though and observe the FR60 and all the people.

Bailey Hundo Bailey, CO June 18th

The month of May is all about training and Rainier. This will be a great challenge for June that I am anxious to tackle.

Breck 100 Breckenridge, CO July 16th

This is big. Very ambitious and just as expensive.

Colorado Trail Race Hwy 67 & Rampart Range Rd to Durango --TBD (sometime in August I am assuming)

I moved to Colorado 5 years ago and one of the top 3 things that pulled me to this amazing place was the Colorado Trail. I decided that I was going to do this race in September 2010 and have been thinking about it ever since. I always thought I would through-hike it, but I am going to do it on my bike first. I literally have a handwritten journal I started back in September with my thoughts, plans and goals for this race...

I will be on the small list of women who have finished this race. I am not going to JUST finish either. I am aiming to be the first woman to finish. I don't want to sound arrogant or overzealous and I humbly give all my respect to the weather, the trail itself and all the other racers, but I have to go big because this race is huge to me. WOW, did I really just let that out of the vault?

Dakota 5-0 Spearfish, SD, September 4th

PBR and Bacon at Mile 35 (or something along that distance)..HAHAHAHA! I have to admit I have no real desire to go to SD, but I would love to ride this with my friends who are going and the course looks pretty fun.


UHHHH, so there I threw it all down. I am so excited and a bit nervous. I made the goal of riding Moab solo in 2011, but heard its going to be in Colorado Springs this year? I haven't been able to find anything on 24H of Moab 2011, so I am unclear at present.

When I started this blog, I said there would be an epic pursuit. This is my plan of pursuit. Stepping outside myself for a critical assessment, I absolutely realize its VERY ambitious for someone who has been in two MTB races total and is marking her 1st anniversary of MTB riding period. But I need big goals, that's how I thrive. I push perceived limits, its part of my DNA.

Thanks for stopping in to read my blog. I began this whole thing solely out of my love of mountains and bikes. I believe in living life to its fullest and in the simplicity and authenticity of my dreams. The outdoors and biking have brought so many amazing people into my life and I blog because I want to humbly and openly share my thoughts, plans, struggles, challenges and victories with those who find it interesting.

So here's to an EPIC 2011 in the mountains astride my trusty steed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment