Friday, February 11, 2011

Calming the Nerves

Go time. I am just counting the days and watching the weather in Tucson now.

My gear is ready. Bike is ready. Legs and mind are ready. Just a few last minute things to do next week. I have been over and over everything. I posted here to get some last minute advice. Valuable tips received and good things to consider for the real deal.

I have to admit I am nervous and excited. For one who can normally fall asleep before my head hits the pillow, I tossed and turned a lot last night. Dreams of (hmmm, guess?) riding through the desert hit me nonstop. All were high energy epics. Today was a rest day, but I still feel like I need a nap.

Since I couldn't calm my nerves with a ride or a run, I daydreamed of the upcoming Chicago Basin trip in early March and this mountain in May:





Oh, yeah and Valentine's Day is Monday. Heh, my main man these days rolls around on two wheels and sports the Gary Fisher logo on his torso, so I hope you all have an EPIC day (date, dinner, etc) with your sweetie! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment