Monday, September 1, 2014

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Dose of Epic...

I can't.

Not yet.

I have a couple of Tour Divide posts ready to go and all I need to do is hit the "publish" button. But I am not ready to share them. Why? It seems as though my efforts to capture the immensity, the intensity and the poignancy of the adventure in words and pictures, in fact, diminishes all three.

In plain English: They kinda suck.

It will probably take me a couple more weeks, but my thoughts will collect themselves and the dam of words will burst. The entire Triple Crown run has been on my mind since last October, and my mind is tired. As tired as my legs when I bagged the CTR three weeks ago after only a hundred miles.

So here is how I rest, recover and refocus....


Do what I know and love...

Ride to rocks and play on them...

Ride to mountains and play in them....

Find rivers and play on them....


Go to the Arkansas and play with friends...


Play on knife edges....

Climb to the top of more rocks and play....


Use feather power to climb steep stuff to play on....


Try to ride things and laugh when I dab....

Burn things....

Keep burning things into the night and stare at the Milky Way above knowing I get to sleep in...
Go to birthday parties...
Relish every second I get with my family...

Drink Crown with brother and uncle...

"Don't Look Back"

And some stories!
Find places where it snows on Aug 31 and play....