Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Project: NAP

"You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."

                                                                           - Toni Morrison

January 10, 2010 was my first mountain bike ride ever.
Alderfer/Three Sisters. Evergreen, Colorado.
Beat up, old Specialized Enduro.
Love affair with two-wheels-to -freedom... commence.

So, in honor of and reverence for this day, four years later, I gave up eating animal-based products, (thus Project: NAP, or No Animal Products) soda, candy and caffeine on January 10, 2014.



Simple. My diet was weighing me down in basically every area of my life.

As the thirty day mark nears, I am finding myself with more positive, productive and authentic energy and motivation than I ever have known. I was not going to even give this mention on my blog, but I feel that the change in the way I feel and think are profound and significant enough to share my experience. Sustainability was my intent from the beginning, not the latest bandwagon diet fad that usually involves avoiding a major nutrient. If the new and fascinating foods and ways to prepare it as well as the money I have saved is any indicator-- yeah, this is easily sustainable.

The people who know me personally can even see the positive changes.

I feel as if an old, wet, moldy blanket has been pulled off my head and I am seeing light clearly for the first time. I am not anti-ranching or some crazy animal rights extremist.

I am pro-health for myself.

So, on Day 30, look for my evaluation of the change if you are interested. I had to make choices and changes that are paving my way to freedom on two wheels this year and for many years to come. I am looking forward to writing and sharing and continuing to fly without a broken wing or any other dead weight.

Its time.

Its time to fly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment