Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Project: NAP


"You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."

                                                                           - Toni Morrison


                     
January 10, 2010 was my first mountain bike ride ever.
Alderfer/Three Sisters. Evergreen, Colorado.
Beat up, old Specialized Enduro.
Love affair with two-wheels-to -freedom... commence.

So, in honor of and reverence for this day, four years later, I gave up eating animal-based products, (thus Project: NAP, or No Animal Products) soda, candy and caffeine on January 10, 2014.

Yep.

Why?

Simple. My diet was weighing me down in basically every area of my life.

As the thirty day mark nears, I am finding myself with more positive, productive and authentic energy and motivation than I ever have known. I was not going to even give this mention on my blog, but I feel that the change in the way I feel and think are profound and significant enough to share my experience. Sustainability was my intent from the beginning, not the latest bandwagon diet fad that usually involves avoiding a major nutrient. If the new and fascinating foods and ways to prepare it as well as the money I have saved is any indicator-- yeah, this is easily sustainable.

The people who know me personally can even see the positive changes.

I feel as if an old, wet, moldy blanket has been pulled off my head and I am seeing light clearly for the first time. I am not anti-ranching or some crazy animal rights extremist.

I am pro-health for myself.

So, on Day 30, look for my evaluation of the change if you are interested. I had to make choices and changes that are paving my way to freedom on two wheels this year and for many years to come. I am looking forward to writing and sharing and continuing to fly without a broken wing or any other dead weight.

Its time.

Its time to fly again.



No comments:

Post a Comment