Friday, December 7, 2012

Today's Email

Pardon me as I dry the tears from my eyes, but I must share this.

I got in from a brisk ride home from the gym this morning and opened my email to find this:


Dear Jill,

I doubt you remember me, but I met you in the Grand Canyon this spring on your race. You gave me your email to send you a picture since you didn't have a camera and I wanted you to know that you have been a huge source of motivation to make some much needed changes in my life. Before, I never dreamed I could ride a bike three blocks but now I ride four miles to and from work everyday. I have regained my health and my smile and my life is on a whole new path.

Thank you again, Jill. And Merry Christmas to you.

Attached was this picture and caption:


"The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before." --Albert Einstein
Christmas came early for me this year. My present is knowing that another life was enriched, changed and saved by a bike.

Months later, my trip across the canyon just took on a whole new meaning....




2 comments:

  1. Great story Jill. Keep riding and touching those you meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, have you got any more photos of your 'system' to carry your bike? If i remember correctly, you mailed a pack to the south rim to carry it on. What was the setup?

    ReplyDelete