Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tongue Tied


Let silence take you to the core of life.
   -Rumi


I sat down to finally drop a wordy blog post about all the things I have been doing to prep for the AZT 750 over the last two and a half weeks and absolutely nothing is getting written in this text box. I am simply unmotivated to "report" stats, details and miles right now. 

There is a huge, very silent upwelling within me at present that is working to crush the demons of self-doubt as April 13th approaches. This movement within is fostering silence of my outer voice as I work through it. 

Pictures from my journeys over the last two and a half weeks and some powerful words from Rumi that are constantly fueling the fire will have to suffice.

Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you. Unfold your own myth...


Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?

Forget safety. Live where you fear to live...be notorious.


My soul is from elsewhere. I am sure of that and I intend to end up there...

Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love...

Move within, but do not move the way fear makes you move



The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.


And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?

2 comments:

  1. You gave me chills with this one. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumi's words from so long ago resonate only with those who are able to hear their own hearts above the noise of today....I feel the same chills :)

    ReplyDelete