Saturday, April 9, 2011

Arizona Trail 300

In 6 days, I will be toeing (or, better yet "tire-ing") the line just north of the Mexican border to begin a 300 mile race through the desert on my bike. I have been training for, living, breathing and dreaming about my latest dose of epic since January. The mountains are forever in my blood, but this desert riding thing holds a new kind of beauty I can appreciate.

I sat on a mountain bike for the first time in my life one year and four months ago. It has forever changed me. Inner demons lose their power when I am on my bike. I am fully alive and free. Challenges become intriguing rather than intimidating.

I am nobody in the mountain biking world. I have been in three races. I don't Twitter. I just crave the challenge, the miles, the climbing and the quest to do something beyond the drudgery of everyday.

Live life. Push it a little for a change. Why not?

Prove you’re alive. If you don’t claim your humanity you will become a statistic.
This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.

--Fight Club

I talk about the fire inside a lot in this blog. Starting April 15, 2011 you can watch it burn here:

http://trackleaders.com/aztr



What will you do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver


No comments:

Post a Comment