Saturday, April 5, 2014

How to Calm the Nerves As Time Nears for the AZTR 750 In Pictures

Ride bike, make new friends whenever possible while doing so...
Ride bike with old friend whenever possible....
Get my shit tight and right this time.....
Love the pain, embrace it, laugh through it....

Prep food for journey...

Eat well and often...
Make legendary veggie crackers so I don't have to eat garbage the whole way...

Quinoa/every veggie possible homemade bars. There are times on the trail when I am hungry and just can't eat anything sweet and these are fantastic! 450 cal. 10g fat. 40g carbs. 

Test run: vacuum seal or just the good ol' ziploc best? Results coming Monday...

Post-ride amazingness (aka dinner) in a pan, in ten minutes...

SLEEP, JILL, SLEEP! Then sleep more.

I need visual reminders of goals....Humor doesn't hurt either. God, I am weird...

Under a week until I am standing two inches from Mexico bound for Utah. Bike is headed to Tucson today. I am headed there Wednesday night. The details (about 4 million) are all that is left to wrap up. Then ride, eat, sleep, ride, eat, sleep.....repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Oh, and someone said its good to smile.

Smile big when its good....


And even bigger when you eat it face first....

And BREATHE. Inhale.....exhale.....Inhale....exhale.