Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankfulness

      There is an intense but simple thrill in setting off in the morning on a mountain trail, knowing that everything you need is on your back. It is a confidence in having left society behind and entering a world of natural beauty that has not been violated, where money has no value, and possessions are a dead weight. The person with the fewest possessions is the most free.
     
     I thank God everyday that I have been granted the opportunity to explore His beautiful creation. I am eternally grateful that I am healthy and capable of navigating around within His perfect masterpiece. I am also thankful that possessions and money cannot begin to satisfy the place in my heart that nature has the ability to fulfill. Simplifying brings me my true freedom.
"In His hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is His also"
 



    "Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.




"I lift my eyes unto the hills
    Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
   The Maker of Heaven and Earth"

      I sincerely wish you all a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving. I am so blessed to have all the people in my life whom I love and care about so much.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment