Monday, January 6, 2014

Helluva Life

To wrap up 2013, I had a long, introspective, analytical post working in my head for two weeks. I had a good summary of the ups, downs, twists, turns and changes of the past twelve months, a very heartfelt thesis tying them altogether and an ending to express gratitude for all the blessings in my life and spark inspiration for the huge 2014 that lies ahead.

But one moment (ok, two moments) in the last five days of 2013, spent in the San Juan mountains undoubedtly trumped any blog analysis I could ever hope to muster:

1) Racing down the middle of Durango,Colorado on the handlebars of my Surly Pugsley...

2) Greeting 2014 almost exactly 24 hours later by dancing down the middle of Silverton, Colorado, snow lightly falling and "Amarillo By Morning" playing in the frigid mountain air...

Both have a back story that would fill a book, both exemplify my personality, my passions, my heart. Both contain an underlying summary of the past year I was plannig to dumb-down with the English language in this post.

Instead, however, I choose to keep that inside for now and end with this:

They both included what I prayed would return to my life again, and for this my gratitude knows no limits.











No comments:

Post a Comment